Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Micro-narrative #1


Now, I know that this can't possibly be my own memory, since I was too young when it happened, but it's been told to me so many time I swear I can remember it. It was the middle of the summer and my family was driving North for a camping trip. We were driving from Massuchusetts up to the mountains of North Conway NH. The drive was about two hours, we left around six after my parent's got out of work so the sun was setting during our ride.



My father was driving and my mother was in the passenger street. I was strapped into my carseat in the back, my brother Ryan, who must have been about seven, was sitting next to me. We were almost there when my parents noticed a cluster of cars pulled over on the side of the road. They were out of there cars looking at something, my mom and dad must have known what it was. It was two moose, a mama and a baby. I don't know if you've seen a moose but they're HUGE and very majestic looking. People were gathered around, being as silent as possible snapping photos without the flash so the wouldnt scare the magnificent creatures.

My family carefully got out the car, my dad grabbed the camera while my mother took me out of the carseat. I'm sure Ryan had to be told "hush!" a few times, he was a fairly hyper-active child. Everyone was in awe of the moose until suddenly I said my first word "Pu-ppy!" and scared the two moose away. Despite the fact that my parents were extremely excited and proud of my accomplishment we were forced to make a quick exit. People were not too excited about us ruining thier authentic New Hampshire experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment